Answer: To apply for your marriage license, the two of you will need to:
1. Go to the office of a South Carolina County Probate Judge. Hours are typically 9:30am-4:oopm, Monday-Friday (keep in mind that if you're going to apply for your marriage license on a "holiday" because you are off of work, then you better call ahead to see if their county office is open).
2. Go together. The two of you must apply in person, together.
3. Bring a valid ID. They say that if you look 26 years of age and older, then don't worry about bringing an ID, but definitely bring it with you anyways.
4. Bring cash. Each county is different, but they are mostly around $70. The highest county fee that I know of is Horry County (Myrtle Beach) is $100, and that is just for non residents of Horry County.
5. Be prepared to wait 24 hours. You can come back the very next working day, exactly 24 hours later, to pick up your marriage license. Not 23 1/2 hours...they'll make you wait 30 minutes. You can also ask them to mail it to you, ask a friend to pick it up for you, or you can pick it up at a later date.